Working at ICC
ICC International builds commutators for large industrial applications around the world and has been in operation for 35+ years. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and an IRA plan with 3% match. Profit sharing is designed to pay out monthly to all employees.
Located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in Maryville, TN, ICC is a leading manufacturer of very large industrial commutators and slip rings for motor repair. Our products are used in everything from submarines, to drag-lines, to steel mills, paper mills and electric utilities. We ship custom built products around the world and specialize in commutators that require skill and craftsmanship to meet stringent operational requirements. Our deadlines are critical, and we create and meet emergency deliveries every day.
Purchasing Manager / Reports to the General Manager and CEO
This position manages all purchasing activities related to raw materials (copper bar and sheet, segment mica, molding mica, steel, phenolic, bronze, etc.), shop supplies, tooling, product supplies, and outside services. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Receives orders and grants approval for purchases of goods or services.
- Analyzes, via excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and regression analysis, changes or new issues in materials and supplies to find ways to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Requires a high level of proficiency with Excel and the ability to use in-house ERP systems.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals related to streamlining purchasing processes and improving inventory control.
- Performs a variety of tasks including vendor evaluation, purchase order creation, receiving, inspection, inventory management and control, monthly inventory reconciliation, etc.
- Interviews, evaluates, sources new vendors for supply of all materials and tooling. Maintains relationships with existing vendors.
- Develops and implements FIFO, Lot Traceability and Barcoding initiaties.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Follows Comex rules and regulations and recommends raw material purchasing strategies, with monthly reporting and recommendations.
- Develops policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services.
· Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of experience in the field.
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures such as FIFO, min-max controls, store routing, etc.
- Full Benefits package – Medical, dental, long-term disability and vision. ICC pays up to 100% of employee and 50% of spouse/family medical coverage
- 401(k) with a 3% match
- Gainsharing incentive program that can pay out monthly bonuses
ICC is small company making a difference around the world. Qualified applicants should send resumes to email@example.com ICC is an equal opportunity employer.